You are welcome here at Saint Margaret's Episcopal Church!
Statement of Welcome
St. Margaret's Episcopal Church is an affirming and inclusive Christian community. Our members and leaders strive through love, worship and service to welcome all people just as God created them. No matter where you are on your journey of faith, our welcome knows no boundaries of age, race, ethnicity, culture, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, or economic condition. We believe that God delights in the diversity of creation and so do we.
The welcome statement is reflected in our Mission Statement:
St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church is a joyful community, grounded in the love of Christ that welcomes and includes ALL with meaningful worship, service to the community, and commitment to growing as faithful Christians.
Our life together as a Christian Community revolves around our Baptismal covenant.
Believing that how we worship shapes what we profess and how we live, we put our Baptismal vows from the Book of Common prayer into practice:
- We continue in the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in the prayers.
- Whenever we fall into sin, repent and return to the Lord.
- We proclaim by word and example the Good News of God in Christ.
- We seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving your neighbor as yourself.
- We strive for justice and peace among all people, and respect the dignity of every human being.
- We are a warm, welcoming, and active parish. One that is easy for newcomers to feel quickly loved in and at home with. We are growing in numbers, but we never lose that personal quality.
- We worship and praise God in our many ministries and activities.
- We reach out to our broader community in many outreach programs, by making our wonderful facilities available to groups, and by our generosity of time, treasure, and talent to community initiatives and needs.
- We are typically described as a loving, caring community. We are a happy, medium-sized and diverse congregation, open to all whom Christ calls to His Table.
Get to know the clergy and staff here at St. Margaret's!
The parish office is open Monday through Friday from 9 AM until 12 Noon
The vestry is the legal representative of the parish with regard to all matters pertaining to its corporate property. The number of vestry members and the term of office varies from parish to parish (St. Margaret’s has nine). Vestry members are usually elected at the annual parish meeting in January. The presiding officer of the vestry is the rector. There are two wardens. The …Read More »
Our Church’s humble story begins with a group of twelve people meeting in the back of the old Vince’s Bar and Restaurant on March 19, 1972…that’s right- an Episcopal Church started in a bar during Lent. By December 31, 1973, that group had doubled in size and made a commitment to its future by signing a charter that officially made St. Margaret a congregation of the Episc…Read More »