A big THANK YOU to all of you who contributed to the Geaux Get Healthy food drive. We are happy to report that we collected enough healthy food items to fill 15 emergency food boxes for the Geaux Get Healthy program at the LSU Baton Rouge Health North Clinic.
St. Margaret’s is partnering with the Health and Wellness Program of Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center. The program is located at the LSU Health Baton Rouge North Clinic and is partner with Geaux Get Healthy.
The program provides healthy emergency food boxes to its patients who are in need. The program has patients who are very weak or sick and unable to get to the store. They do not have reliable transportation and their funds are beyond limited.
We, as parishioners of St. Margaret’s, have an opportunity to donate healthy food items to be used in the program’s emergency food boxes. There is an immediate urgent need for these items. To participate you can bring these specific food items listed on the back side of this flyer to the church or office by December 13th. The items do not have to be name brands.
The Outreach Committee will be meeting soon and will discuss the possibility of continuing this outreach ministry into 2021 as the Geaux Get Healthy grant will continue through December 31, 2021. If you
know of any business thatwould like to make a donation for this cause, they can either purchase the items themselves or make a cash donation to St. Margaret’s and we will purchase the items to send to the program.
For more information about the program you can contact the Health and Wellness Program Manager, Elizabeth Perry, at [email protected]
The items listed below do not have to be name brands.
- Canned Chicken or canned tuna in water
- Low or No Sodium canned vegetables
- Canned fruits in 100% juice (not syrup or gel)
- No sugar added apple sauce
- Instant oatmeal (can be flavored) or plain instant grits
- Whole wheat pasta
- Brown rice
- Peanut butter or almond butter
- Whole wheat crackers or Tricots
- No sodium peanuts, almonds, cashews, pistachios or mixed nuts
- Low or no sodium canned soups
- Whole wheat peanut butter crackers or whole wheat cheese crackers
- Nutri-grain bars – any kind or flavor is acceptable
- Cheerios, Raisin Bran or Special K cereals
- Trail Mix – Any kind without the chocolate candies
- Zero Sugar crystal light packets (does not have to be name brand, just zero sugar)
Printable version: Outreach Opportunity