The Outreach Committee of St. Margaret’s is being formed to coordinate fundraising and volunteer opportunities so that we might live into the command of our Lord to love others as God has loved us. The Committee is tasked to give attention to the local and larger community ministries of compassion, justice and advocacy.
For more information about how to donate for outreach ministry, contact anyone on our Outreach Committee.
Lester Mut, Elizabeth Perry, Catherine Buck, Taryn Couvillion, Debby Apcar
Jenny Hastings, Linsey Miller, Michele Fuselier
The Outreach Committee is delighted to report that we have our first shelf in the Emergency Food Box Pantry filled! We are going to have our second round of box packing Wednesday, February 24th following the healing service which starts at 5:30. Volunteers are welcome. Here is a list of specific healthy food items we still need.They can be generic, but must match the specific items to meet the requirements of the Geaux Get Healthy program. Thank you for your generosity.
- Canned tuna or chicken packed in water
- Peanut butter or almond butter
- No sodium peanuts, almonds, cashews, pistachios or mixed nuts
- No sugar added apple sauce
- Whole wheat pasta
- Brown rice
- Whole wheat crackers or Triscuits
- Whole wheat peanut butter or cheese crackers
- Trail Mix of any kind without the chocolate candies
- Low or no sodium soups
- Zero sugar crystal light packets